Easel Command by Buchla
Price match guarantee. If you find a cheaper price, we'll match it. Write us
The evolution of the legendary modular analog synthesizer by Don Buchla. The Buchla Easel Command is the newly updated 208C in a standalone desktop form with MIDI and CV control.
- MIDI input(USB B/DIN)
- 2 x 1/4" Audio outputs
- 1 x 1/8" 1v/oct input (mixed to keyboard input)
- 1 x 1/8" Gate input (turned into Buchla keyboard pulse with sustain)
- MIDI A (USB Host) optional expansion port.
- Five additional audio connections to get independent inputs and outputs from the oscillators and the gates, plus an FM input to the modulation oscillator.
- Five additional banana CV connections to control knobs and faders and ability to send pulses independently to different inputs.
- If no aux input is present, analog white noise is generated (using the 266 circuit).
- A more logical layout of of the top row.
- A power/control mode LED indicator.
- Pulser now has a dedicated single pulse switch and mode distinction
- The modulation oscillator section is now green, so that each main section has its own color.
- The listed oscillator frequencies are more accurate and the scaled fader input range is trimmable from the old range to 1.2v/oct.
- You can trim the new modulation oscillator and envelope generator inputs to work with the typical input ranges you desire.
- You can trim the oscillators to your desired volts per octave range for both the keyboard and the fader inputs.
- You can also reduce the gain on the gate 1 input if you have an unusually hot, non-Buchla input.
- One single circuit board allows it to be modular case friendly and easier to service
- Switches and jumpers for those who want to use the new banana inputs —those for the modulation oscillator and sustain— to control the sequencer stages instead.
- Standard headers for the program card connector that allow us to develop future iProgramCard-like preset control from inside the unit.
- New connectors allow our plug-in MIDI interface and provides an optional stereo digital fx option (coming as an optional add-on in the future)
- Actual stereo. The 208 was always a mono synth, but if you plug in a stereo digital fx (coming as an optional add-on in the future), you’ll get stereo outputs on the MIX OUT and headphones.
- A new power connector for more cable length and case flexibility and removability and one that’s already compatible with the more recent revisions of the Easel power board.